Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Know Who You Are

My husband has told me more than once that he is most captivated by me when I know who I am.

As romantic as it sounds...the first time he voiced those words to me...they were not spoken in a moment of passion or sweet nothings. They were spoken in truth...when I had forgotten, who I was.

The Lord has been reminding me day in and day out that He is my Father, and I am His daughter. Who He is and all that He is, by His Spirit lives and breathes inside of me.

My entire identity rests in that fact.

Sister....I am convinced that if we lived everyday according to who we are in Christ, not only would our own lives be transformed but the world itself would be turned upside down.

Do not listen to the lies of the evil one and forget who you are.

A slave to sin, waiting hopelessly for death...you were bought at the highest price Love could pay. Freedom, Peace and Joy were set before you. You are now a child of the King. All that He is and all that He has He offers to you freely. He denies you nothing of Himself including His own Spirit. Created by Him, He knows everything about you and loves you like no other. His Word is testimony to you of who He is and He invites you to know Him through His truth and by His Spirit. He is your light in the darkness. He is your Power, your Strength, your Might. He is the provision of your needs. He listens when you need to be heard. He holds your heart when no one else understands. He is your loving Father. He is your King. I could write for days and never encompass all that He is.

1 John 3:1

See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are.

Isaiah 43:1-2

But now thus says the Lord, he who created you....he who formed you...."Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Saviour."

2 Peter 1:3-4

His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.

1 John 4:13-15

By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.

You are beautiful and you are precious. Dress yourself everyday in the truths of who you are in Christ. You are His daughter. Don't you forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment