Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Walk in the Light

My mind has been thinking lately of all the people that I know and love that have had a personal relationship with Jesus but have seemingly lost their way and left Him behind in search of something or someone else to try and fulfill the desires of self.

My thoughts and prayers for them are not in judgement. I know from personal experience how easy it is to think you have it all together and then realize one day that you have totally lost it.

In fact...I don't think any of us that love Jesus and have a relationship with him can even imagine waking up one day and not wanting to share every moment with him. But it doesn't start like that.

The truth of the matter is that it just doesn't take that long to lose your way in the dark...and after that...it's just one step at a time in the wrong direction before you feel lost. It's just so hard to focus when your eyes are straining in the shadows....

Thank you Jesus...that You are the Light of the world! Thank you Jesus that you gave your life to be our Light.

I have fumbled around in the darkness of my own mind more times than I can keep count of. I've allowed my worries, fears, anxieties, negative thoughts, anger, resentment, pride...you name it...to shadow over me and distract me from the truth....and the Light.

Psalm 119:105
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

Psalm 27:1
The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?

John 8:12
Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

My prayer for all of us today....Is that we would walk in the light.

...asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. May you be strengthened with all power according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. Colossians 1:9-14

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment