Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Little Help, Please.

Not sure how to pray? Need a little help? Doesn't matter what the circumstances may be that cause you to pour out your heart to God. Could be something heavy and out of your control or could be love and gratitude that your words are insufficient to express. Listen to this:

Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. Romans 8:26-29

Oh, how I rely on this truth!

Holy Spirit, pray according to the will of God for us and the things concerning us today. Thank you, first of all for calling us to be conformed to the image of your Son. Thank that your working in our lives accomplishes this purpose.

Do your work in these circumstances. Do your work in me. Do what only you can do in these people. I want what you want, because I know you are good and your will is pleasing.

Holy Spirit, search my heart, your dwelling place, and express what my words cannot.

Express joy and gladness to God for his amazing love and goodness to me.

Express longing for deliverance from the flesh.

Express the desires of my heart for my family, my friends, my church.

Express the passion that I tend to conceal.

Express in your words to God my utmost need and desire for him to do his good work.



How good of God to give us the help he knew we would need! He is worthy of all our praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment