Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A dose of Love and Joy

I've been studying the book of John.

If you haven't read your Bible in a while and don't know where to start back...I suggest you start back here. It's elemental. It's foundational. You may have heard these verses your whole life since sunday school and find that you're breezing over them like a book you already know the ending to....Don't.

Stop. Slow down. Soak it in. Read the same verse over a few times. Invite the Holy Spirit to teach you... to open God's word up to you in a new and fresh light. Ask Him to open your heart and mind to His truth and to reveal Himself to you through his words.

John 14:26
"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to you remembrance all that I have said to you."

Here's something to meditate on today....

From the very precious mouth of Jesus:

"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you.
Abide in my love.
If you keep my commandments,
you will abide in my love,
just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love."

(Want Joy?.....then keep reading and think about this....)

"These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you,
and that your joy may be full."
John 15:9-11

Dearest Jesus....Thank you for your love. Thank you for loving me in the same way that the Heavenly Father loves you. I want to rest and live every moment in the center of your love. Help me to keep your commandments...your words of truth...not out of some sense of christian duty, but out of love. Help me to keep them close to my heart and mind, as I live out each day and do my best to follow your example. I want your joy in me Jesus. I want it full and overflowing and complete. Thank you, thank you, thank you, so much for loving me.
Blessed be your Holy Name. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment