Monday, June 14, 2010

"For this reason..."

I know it is late this evening for posting but thought I would close the evening with some scripture that has been very meaningful to me for the past two weeks. I've been trying to add some things into my life that will make me a better person. I've been asking God to work these things in me and draw my attention more to His desires. The Bible actually tells us "to make an effort."

As I have thought on these things, the Bible tells us that, "His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness. Through these He has given us His very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires." 2 Peter 1:3-4

I have realized, how aware I have to be of what is going on in my human nature. A lot of times, I see things in me that I do not like. That is why I need my focus on Jesus and not myself. When I am focused on Him and not my desires... I make better choices. "For this reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness: and to goodness, knowledge, and to knowledge, self control; and to self control, perseverance, and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For If you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1: 5-8

No comments:

Post a Comment