Saturday, June 19, 2010

School's Out!

So, I'm officially finished classes for the year. I still have to go in for exams next week, but after that, I'm FREE! It's such a great feeling to know that you have weeks of vacation spread out in front of you. :)


But of course, there were also sad moments. It was really hard to say goodbye to all my Grade 12 friends who are leaving the school this year. There were many signings of yearbooks, heartfelt notes to each other, tears and final farewells. It was a good reminder that life passes quickly, so we need to grab each moment and enjoy it to its fullest. I often think ahead, not living in the present, but worrying about tomorrow. But God's word says, "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27. So I guess my challenge for all of you is to live life one day, one hour, one moment at a time... enjoying the blessings God has given you at each point in your life. Don't borrow trouble from tomorrow. And that's why I'm not going to even think about next year with school and all the worries it could bring. I'm going to live for today! (and enjoy the summer!)

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! That feels good. Good luck on your exams.
    I've been thinking the same thing... live fully - today!

    ReplyDelete