Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Ah, mornings.

Give ear to my words, O Lord; consider my groaning.
Give attention to the sound of my cry,
my King and my God,
for to you do I pray.
O LORD, in the morning you hear my voice;
in the morning I direct my prayer to you and watch. Psalm 5:1-3

Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. Psalm 143:8

Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days. Psalm 90:14

Oh, how we need him in the mornings, whether they are a relief from the night before, an invitation to a day full of life and adventure, or an unwelcome reminder that nothing has changed since yesterday.

We need to know that he hears our words and considers our groaning.
We need to know that he pays attention to the sounds of our cries.
He hears our voices... and we wait for him, expectantly, to answer.

We need to hear over and over and over again of his love for us, because he is the one who we trust for everything. We need to know we are loved by the one to whom we lift up our souls.

We need to be satisfied with his unfailing love, because we truly want to rejoice in life and be glad all our days, no matter what the circumstances happen to be.

Thank you, Lord, for understanding about mornings and giving us your word to answer our need. We love you and offer our days to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment