Monday, March 23, 2009

A change of Seasons

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:

a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;

a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

Ecclesiastes 3:1-5

Seasons Change. There is a part of me that loves change....and there's another part of me that resists it....out of fear, I suppose. I never want to look back and wish things were still the way they used to be. What I need....is to embrace it. Sometimes, though....that is so much easier said than done in my own life.

We all have a change of seasons in our life. In this past week, our family has experienced death. And then with great joy in the midst of sorrow....we have recieved new life. How beautiful is God's timing!

As a child...Ididn't have control over many of the changes that took place in my life. Sometimes, I still don't. I remember when my parents moved us to Canada. One thing that the Lord has shown me is that even though I didn't have control over that change in my life....He did. He was not just sovereignly guiding my parents, and I had to follow no matter what....He was sovereignly guiding me as well. He had my heart and my destiny in mind as much as theirs. He knew and still knows today what is best for me....even when the seasons change...even when I don't fully understand it.

God loves you dearly....and in the midst of your seasons...and the changes of those seasons...
He is Sovereign...and He is Good...and He has your best in mind. Fall into his loving arms for you and trust Him. He will be holding your hand every step of the way.

This post is dedicated to a dear sister.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post... it was exactly what I needed to read today. Thanks for letting God's truth speak to me as I sit on the wings of change. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete