Thursday, March 12, 2009

God never changes

I am sitting at a coffee shop right now. The door is open and a slight breeze flows about the room. The cashier is a young girl with dark hair and olive skin. As I look around, I know that I will not be coming here again. I feel out of touch today and emotionally I feel sad. Though I feel sad, it does not change my relationship with God.

Yesterday, I was laughing and having a fun day with a friend. It did not make me love God more because I was having fun, as I do not love Him less today because I am feeling melancholy. My relationship with God does not depend on how I feel. Though I sometimes struggle with moods, God does not. He is the same today, yesterday, and forever. I know that He is constantly surrounding me with His love and guidance, no matter how I am feeling or what I am going through. What a blessing to be loved and cared for by such a wonderful loving Father.

God is not a man that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should change his mind. Does He speak and then not act? Does He promise and not fulfill?
Numbers 23:19

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 73:26

This post was written by Pilgrim's Heart while she is away from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment