Tuesday, June 16, 2009

As I write this, I have no idea what my day will look like. It depends on a decision that needs to be made (ultimately by my husband, who is asleep). I woke up remembering that I have to take my vehicle in to have the brakes looked at. Totally forgot. That also makes what happens today uncertain, because I won't have wheels. I'm not even sure I will have a ride from the mechanic's shop back home. This sucks. I like having a plan, especially when there are things I need to do, and right now, depending on the outcome of the decision, I am planless. Waiting. No good.

I read yesterday in Numbers 27 about the daughters of Zelophehad who came to Moses complaining that their father died in the wilderness and they had no brothers. So now they didn't have any inheritance to look forward to in the dividing up of the promised land. They didn't think it was fair that their father's name would be taken away from their clan because he had no son. It sucked. There was no plan for them because their dad only had girls.

What did Moses do for them? Verse 5 says that Moses brought their case before the Lord. And then God told Moses that the girls were right. They should have an inheritance. So God made a plan for them (and others like them for future reference).

Cool! If he did it for them, he will do it for me. Their future was out of their control, depending on the decision of another, too! I will take my case before the Lord. He knows what the day is going to look like, what things need to be accomplished, what can wait, where I need to be, where my energy should be focused. All that stuff. I will ask him to make a plan for me. Actually, I'm sure he already has! "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord..."

I can hardly wait to see how this day goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment