Sunday, June 7, 2009

Today I have stepped out into a new phase of life. I had to say goodbye to friends at a church we've been attending for 3 years now as the Lord has called us elsewhere. As I stood by a dear friend of mine, she told me that the Lord has shown her that for me it's a new beginning. God brought me to this church for healing of so many things and I needed to be there to be strengthened in my journey. Now that God and I have walked this journey together it's time to spread my wings and fly.... to a new beginning...

Change is hard. Change is scary. It's inevitable. Why do we have to change? I'm stepping into a place where I need to start a whole new life. My kids aren't going to know anyone but will meet people through school. My husband will get plugged into work and meet people. Then there's me.... I like staying comfortable knowing the people I need around me and now I'm going to be away from family and friends... away from all my comforts... where do I fit in?

The saying in this picture is true: "Until you spread your wings, you'll have no idea how far you can fly" (Anon). This is true of our walk with Jesus. We won't know what the Lord has in store for us if we don't take that step of faith and trust...

I'm scared.... I'm not going to deny that I am. I'm excited also.... I'm thrilled with the new adventure. Yet I'm apprehensive as I am taken out of my comfort zone into the unknown. This means that people have to get to know me again and I have to start friendships from the beginning knowing that I'll have some that will be lifetime connections and some only short-term.

What does God say in his word to me?

"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." ~Isaiah 41:10

Dear Jesus, thank you that you never change. Thank you for this journey we walk daily together and that you work things all things for my good. Thank you for being my strength, my deliverer. I praise you for your blessings in my life. Thank you that you saved me, a sinner. As I step into this new phase of life I trust you and your plans. I might be scared at times so I ask for strength and wisdom. Thank you Lord for who you are. I praise you Lord today! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment