Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Missing Piece..

Today is an absolutely gorgeous day.   Days like this remind me of the awesome, hot and sunny, summer  days of the south.  Then I'm reminded of the years I grew up as a child... and I start going way back... to bare feet, and sitting on a wrap around porch with my legs and feet dangling off the side; wishing for a cool breeze.  That porch most often was my thinking place.  Whether the sun was shining or it was pouring down rain... I could go sit in the swing and talk to God.  I often dreamed too, of what my life would be like someday.  I thought about a lot of things but I struggled mostly with the empty feeling that constantly nagged at me. 

Isn't it amazing that even as a child, we know there is something missing.  Whether you are smothered in love with affection or left to survive on your own; we all have that empty, lonely feeling that only God can fill.  

I am so thankful for God's promises that are true and we can rely on everyday for strength and assurance.  God knows where we are in life.  Psalm 147:5  says: "Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite."   The Bible also talks of how well God knows us.  Psalm 139:3  says: "You comprehend my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways."

Finally, He tells us to: "Cast all your cares upon Him because He cares for you."  1 Peter 5:7

We begin as a child searching for God... we know something is missing.  There are many adults today who are still searching.  He is the only One who can fill that empty longing in your heart.  People have tried everything but nothing other than the One who formed and created us can fill that longing.  

Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the Lord,  "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."  Psalm 91:1-2


No comments:

Post a Comment