Thursday, June 11, 2009

Shout Out!

I'm writing for Pilgrim's Heart today while she's out of town telling her story.

It's a powerful story of how God rescued her and changed her life.

You know, God has given all of us a story to tell...and when we tell others about what God has done for us...his name is glorified not just on earth but in the heavenly realm as well.

Some people think that if their story isn't dramatic they don't have one to tell...I say...
"That's crazy talk!"

Jesus has revealed the truth to me about different lies I have believed about God and myself.  He has provided for me and protected me and shown me grace and faithfulness.  He has been with me during hard times and happy times when I recognized his presence and even when I didn't.

When we proclaim the goodness of God in our lives we are kicking the enemy of our souls where the sun don't shine.

I say..."Let's do it!"

Let's shout it out what God has done for us...let's tell our stories and bring glory and honour and praise to our Greatest Love.

I cannot help but think of Paul...one of the greatest teachers of all time.  He started.....by telling his story.  He says in Ephesians 3:8-10

To me, though I am the very least of all the saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, and to bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in God who created all things, so that through the church (that's us) the manifold wisdom of God might be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places. (italics mine)

Wow!  Chew on that verse for a while.

People can argue with all kinds of things....and they definately know how to argue about religion...but nobody can argue with your personal story of what God has done for you or how he has changed your life.

Thank you Jesus for rescuing my heart and loving me for who I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment