Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Bully

I just woke up from a dream...not a happy one, mind you...just, a kind of wierd one.

I was trying to help someone and these three bullies showed up and were trying to stop me.
In my dream, I knew they couldn't hurt me but they were chasing me, and saying things to try and scare me. My heart rate was up and I did feel a bit scared and intimidated. They never caught me but they were still after me when I suddenly woke up.

I can still feel my little heart beating....or it could be the coffee that tastes so good reviving my senses. I think it's a little of both.

The second I woke up from my dream, I was reminded of the verse in John where Jesus is talking about the evil one.

John 10:10
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy..."

Peter also describes the evil one.

Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
1 Peter 5:8

You know...when you belong to Jesus...the evil one can't touch you...but he can sure do his best to try and scare you, intimidate you, sew seeds of fear and worry and doubt....he also likes to lie to you and bring up things from the past...he'll try anything really, to try and stop you from following Jesus and from keeping your focus and trust in Jesus.

The first part of those verses I shared with you...tell us who is trying to hurt us or who the bully is...the second part of those verses give us hope and direction, and the Holy Spirit himself, gives us the power to stand our ground as we stand strong on the Truth.

In the rest of John 10:10, Jesus says,
"....I came that they (that's us) may have life and have it abundantly." (italics mine)

1 Peter 5:7-9 says

...casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world.

If you're struggling, sister....you're not alone. You may think you're alone, you may feel that you're alone...but you're not.

Jesus is right beside you...ready to walk with you through the journey that you're on. The evil one is going to try and tell you all kinds of things to distract you and to breed worry and fear and untruth...just like a bully trying to get in the way of where you're going or what you're doing.

But you listen to the truth. Get your mind soaking in God's truth so that when you hear lies and deception...you will be able to see it for what it is.

Ephesians 6:10-17

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armour of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armour of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the spirit, which is the word of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment