Thursday, September 10, 2009

Apart from You I have no good thing...

Keep me safe, O God,
for in You I take refuge.
I said to the Lord, "You are my Lord;
apart from you I have no good thing."

Lord, you have assigned me my
portion and my cup;
You have made my lot secure
The boundary lines have fallen for me
in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance.

I will praise the Lord who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
I have set the Lord always before me.
Because He is my right hand,
I will not be shaken.

I am so grateful for the Lord who counsels me and loves me. This past week has brought joy, sorrow and an array of mixed emotions. I'm not the only one... there are others...

But one thing we can be sure of... we have not been deserted by God. He knows our every thought, our struggles... He knows the enemies that we face... and He is always...with us. We need to stand firm in what we know, hold tight to the truth that will guide us... and never let go.

Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue
rejoices;
my body will also rest secure,
because You will not abandon me to the grave,
nor will you let your Holy One see decay.
You have made known to me the path of life;
You will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
Psalm 16:1-2, 5-11

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post... it's like you wrote it for me! This past week has definately been full of joy, sorrow, mixed emotions, and confusion for me.

    ReplyDelete