Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I love you, O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock and my fortress
and my deliverer, my God, my rock,
in whom I take refuge,
my shield, and the horn of my salvation,
my stronghold.
I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised,
and I am saved from my enemies.

Lord...I don't have enemies....not like David did...always having to run or fight for his life.

Oh but I do. You save me from the enemies of my heart and mind.....worry, doubt, lies, insecurity, hopelessness, fear....Oh my list could go on and on.

Every day I battle my own thoughts and the lies that I have heard or believed from the enemy of my soul, the evil one himself, about who God is and who I am in God's eyes.

And everyday...I must fight and take refuge in the arms of my Jesus.

John 8:31-32
So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, "If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Every day Jesus...I choose to abide in your word so that I will know the truth....

And I rejoice because you have saved me!

And so I say again....

I love you, O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised,
and I am saved from my enemies.
Psalm 18:1-3


No comments:

Post a Comment