Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Growing Pains

I remember as a young girl lying in my bed and calling for my mom to come and take a look at my legs because they were aching so bad I just couldn't sleep. I'm sure I figured I was dying, or going to become crippled or something, and had imagined all sorts of things by the time she got in there to check me over and tell me that I was going to be fine and that it was just growing pains.

GROWING PAINS! Growing isn't supposed to hurt is it? It's supposed to be fun and exciting. And it is....but sometimes there is a little part of growing that hurts. I don't have to tell you that the painful part is worth it. Growing shows that we're alive, so whether it's physically, emotionally or spiritually...when we feel some growing pains, it's a good sign....even though it hurts a little.

I've been having some growing pains lately in my personal life and in my married life and in my relationship with my Lord.

He has given me a verse that I have been holding on to day and night, meditating on it, speaking it, praying through it, studying it and applying it to my life.

God gives us his words to help us as we grow. His words are life to us.

In his words...I have hope. I gain strength. I receive comfort. I find courage.

And God is able
to make all grace abound to you,
so that
in all things at all times,
having all that you need,
you will abound in every good work.
2 Corinthians 9:8


No comments:

Post a Comment