Monday, September 7, 2009

God has blessed me with this opportunity to minister to you. I have no idea how many are touched or even read what I write yet week after week God has something for me to share with you. My life is far from perfect. I am an imperfect wife and mother who makes many mistakes yet God has asked me to step out and share my life so that I can direct others back to the Cross as my daily life experiences do to me. It's not easy to make myself vulnerable yet I need to continually give this struggle to Jesus.

"Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored. "
~ Titus 2:3-5

I never thought that God would use me to bless others. Each week each of us writers pour words out that God has impressed on our hearts. We don't know who we reach. We don't know how many read what we write. What we do know is that God has called each of us to share with you. We are human and can become insecure about our writings or that our writings are in vain. God has called us for a purpose and through that may He be glorified! Our prayer is that God is touching you through our lives and words. We are ordinary women living an extraordinary life because of Jesus. You can have that same joy....

You may not see yourself as someone to look up to. I definitely don't. I make so many mistakes that I wonder why God allows me each week to direct you and me back to His word through my life. I never saw myself as someone who could teach others about this great love of Jesus. These verses in Titus have encouraged me to be real and raw... so that through my weaknesses I have been strengthened through Christ who gives me all strength.

I want to encourage you as women to ask God who you can bless today.
Who can you encourage to love her husband and children?... to find joy in serving in her house?
How can you honour God today?

My prayer is that through your life God will use you to be a living testimony of who Jesus is. Let others see that and be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment