Saturday, May 22, 2010

Fortress

My family just recently finished a really fun project: our fort. It took about 6 weeks to build, and was built for my brother's birthday. It's a quiet place to go to escape the craziness of our house, and to just be still and admire God's creation around us.

Day 155 - "Fortress"

(May 22, 2010)

It actually made me think of the song by Brian Doerksen that goes with this verse:

The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
My God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

- Psalm 18:2

When life feels kinda hectic and unstable, it's awesome to know that God will be our secure fortress... protecting us from Satan and keeping us from harm. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the fortress! How fun. Do you all have to pick a number to get your own time in there? :)

    ReplyDelete