Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Promise

The Bible is full of promises from our Heavenly Father. The one that I'm sure many people know is the story of Noah and the flood, and God sending a rainbow as a sign that He would never again flood the whole earth.



But here's a promise that I found in Psalms that I don't think I'd ever read before (I changed the "he" to "she" so it would fit better):

"Because she loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue her;
I will protect her, for she acknowledges my name.
She will call upon me, and I will answer her;
I will be with her in trouble,
I will deliver her and honor her.
With long life will I satisfy her and show her my salvation."

- Psalms 91: 14-16

Now, take a moment and put your name in every spot that says "she" or "her". Isn't it amazing? God loves us so much that He protects us, delivers us, satisfies our needs, forgives us, answers when we call... He is EVERYTHING to us! What an amazing gift to know that we have the Creator of the universe watching over us. Thank you, Jesus!

1 comment: