Monday, May 3, 2010

So Long, Insecurity...Week 9

It's my day to write.  I haven't really felt like it.  I guess that's okay.  I'm still slowly working my way through the book...and it's still really, really good.  I read chapter 14.  And I didn't answer the question on last week's post like I said I would, so I think I'll do it here.  In a nutshell.....If anybody on this planet motivates me to deal with my insecurity issues for their sake...it's my daughter...and my son for that matter. I think God works in mysterious ways and even if I didn't have kids...I'm sure I'd still be on this journey, but you know what?  Learning what I've been learning, I'm even more inspired to get my identity totally lined up with what God says about me.  For Him, for me, for my husband, for my kids, for the rest of my family and every other person that the Lord brings into my path.  Having said that...I will admit to you, I've been put to the test a bit this past week.  And although, I didn't like it, I'm doing okay.

I realize that I've got a long way to go...but that's the direction I'm going, so I ask the Lord to help me keep my mind focused on the truth of His Word.  I set my face toward Him.  He is my Strength and my Song.  He is my Fortress.  He is my Deliverer.  He is worthy of my praise.  Oh, how I love Him.  Can't stand the thought of not being with Him.  Lay my head against His chest and listen to His beautiful heart beating.  He is my Saviour.  He is my Security.  Praise His Name forever.  Amen.

To my Soul Kitchen Sisters...every word from each of you is such a tremendous encouragement to me.  I can't thank Jesus enough for the blessing of your lives and being able to listen to your heart every day.  It's not as good as being with you but seriously, its like being with you.  It's a little heavenly bon-bon for me...and it's good.

On to chapter 15.  Here is Beth's question for the week:

I wish we could discuss all of Chapter 15 in person but this is the next best thing. Name a couple of ways pertinent to your sphere of life and influence that you could look out for your own gender in our battle with insecurities. In other words, how can you (not others but you in particular) start becoming part of the solution in your female relationships rather than default into part of the problem. No condemnation here. Goodness knows, we’ve all been both. Our challenge is to learn to be deliberate. How are you prepared to do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment