Friday, May 21, 2010

He Loves Me

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

The life I now live here on earth, I live by faith.
What do I have faith in? Who do I have faith in?
In the One who loved me.
He loved me and gave Himself for me.
I can't read that line or even recite this verse anymore without feeling in my deepest heart how intimate and precious that love for me is. He gave Himself for me. He gave His very being, his life, his glory and honour,
e v e r y t h i n g... for me.

Oh Father, may we grasp the reality of that love. That You first loved me. You wanted me. You want all of us. We cost you BIG TIME! But to You, our Creator, we were worth it. I was worth it and am worth it. You knew You had only one option. The Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Father, open our eyes to see how worthy You are of our total trust. Who has ever loved us like this? Who else is fully deserving of our trust? No one. Only You. May we see how, just like Eve, we've been duped into doubting that we can trust You. May we see how truly absurd that is. In so many areas of our lives we really do believe that we just cannot trust you. Show me those places in my life where I don't trust you. Show me where I have turned my heart to trust in something or someone other than you. Show me what the truth is in this situation. I want to live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me.

Lord, thrill my heart with Your love. May I truly see that I am your prized possession. You desire me; You bought me with your very life, and you hold me secure for all eternity. Thank You Father. I love you back.

No comments:

Post a Comment