Sunday, April 18, 2010

Carried on angel wings

Dear fellow ladies:

Here it is the second week and I almost forgot to send another blog. It is amazing how tunnel visioned one can get when you are focused one event or one person in crisis. It seems all your energies, and thoughts shut everything else out. Al is in isolation; which means we have to wash hands frequently, put on rubber gloves everytime we go into the hallway out of his room, and put on a yellow gown while in his room so we don't catch this C-diff bug, nor bring in any virus or bacteria. But now he is able to have more visitors. I almost lost my husband last Tuesday when on top of his leukemia, C-difficile bacteria, causing severe prolonged diarrhea, he came down with pneumonia. He was fighting for his life. Thank God, with lots of prayers from so many, and good care from doctors and nurses plus lots of love from our children and myself staying overnight with him, God carried him through. Today he is in much better shape, but still not out of the woods for a long time, but he can walk to the bathroom. ( Thought you'd like to know that!) Our daughter is here from Williams Lake and between Rebecca, myself, Debbie and Tim and family we spend many hours with him. Our time with him is precious. We read scripture to him, he is learning to listen to my small MP3 player with Bill Gaither songs and we reminisce in between all the activities that go on when you lay in a hospital bed. It is not a rest, nor a vacation, but oh, what a blessing for us to have the hospital so close, and so many of you praying. What we have felt is that the many prayers of others is carrying our family on angel wings! Sometimes I have felt overwhelmed by all the prayer requests that come my way for others, but I want to assure you, that even a prayer thought helps someone through their day. Phil. 4:6 in the Life Application Study Bible it says:"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all He has done." Yes, no matter how tired or overwhelmed I might feel, I know that even a small prayer like ,"be with so and so" is heard by God and works wonders in someone else's situation. So keep on praying without ceasing.

1 comment:

  1. Marianne...Still praying for you and Al and your family. Thank you for sharing your heart and trusting us with it. I was just telling someone this morning how much I love you. You are completely precious and genuine and beautiful.

    Love,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete