Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Unseen

Dear beautiful sisters - young and old.
Sunday I wrote a blog and published it. However, it didn't go anywhere. Then I spent literally hours trying to work on this computer to figure out what I am doing wrong. I called Julie and she answered some of my questions. I can see why some elderly folks don't get a computer, because it is still such a learning curve for me. I'll hear the instructions once, even twice and have them written down, but, I am sure to find a way to mess it up somehow and then feel lost! However, persistence pays off! I looked in the htt://part and noticed that I had one address as soulkitchensister.blogspot.com, and another one: soulkitchensisters.blogspot.com. Well, the "s"made all the difference in the world. At least, I will post this one again and hope it lands not in some draft, but so you can read it under that beautiful picture of our blog!
So this posting is all different again today. I think this week has been all about the persistence of the Holy Spirit to keep my mind on the "things not seen". ll Cor. 4:18 Amp. says,"Since we consider and look not to the things that are seen, but to the things that are unseen, for the things that are visible are temporal (brief and fleeting), but the things that are visible are deathless and everlasting." In our case, it is Al and my health issues. Even tho' Al is out of the hospital, the leukemia is still the big "unseen" healing we are praying for. The journey of faith and fear when dealing with chronic health issues for which the Doctors tell us is no cure has been conflictual and thus draining. One the one hand I know from the Word that God can and wants to heal; (Matt. 10:8) and again on the other hand Heb.9:27 states that"it appointed unto man once to die". So I feel like I am hanging between two truths. It seems that we have not received a definite answer which way God is leading. Hence we are partly preparing for either eventuality. However, there is something in our believe system that makes us pray for life to continue. God has done miracles. Sometimes a miracle takes a long time and many testings to refine our faith. At this point we are following the opportunities that have come our way. Like, seeking help through naturopathic means. A Fort Langley Doctor suggests IV Vit. C infusions 2 x's a week for a year. It seems like an overwhelming commitment of time, money and energy. But, we have heard that others have really benefited from this. These have not been easy days, as my arthritis really kicked up, but wow, so far have had the strength to put all our hope and faith into the One who keeps his promises to His children. On our part, as job in chapter 13:15a says during his time of not seeing any results, "though He slay me, yet will I trust Him." Thank you Jesus for this awesome hope in God's faithfulness. P.S. I read all your bogs and am so blessed by each of your postings. They are so uplifting. Love you all. Marianne

No comments:

Post a Comment