Tuesday, April 6, 2010

So Long, Insecurity...Week Six!

Wow...Six Weeks already.  It sounds like a long time but it doesn't feel like it's been that long.  As we continue to grow together, I thank God for you.  It is a blessing and a privilege for me to journey this life with such precious and beautiful women.  The week got busy and I never did answer Beth's questions on the blog last week.  However...I will tell you now, Jesus and I certainly got down to business.  Last week, Beth said, "Don't just read chapter 9...Do chapter 9".  And I did.  I met with Jesus and for 3 hours I prayed through some areas in my life.  I cried alot.  I thank God for never giving up on me.  I actually wrote alot of it down on paper.  I recognized things and patterns of thinking that seem 'normal' to me after living that way for so long.  I am becoming more aware of my identity in Christ and my spirit is sensitive to understanding how much my security depends on that one truth!  I was incredibly moved by Marianne's post on Friday night and realize how desperately Jesus wants us to know who we are because of who He is.  Again, as I read Marianne Bohr's (Dancing Girl) post earlier today...it hit me again.  Everything beautiful in me, every hardship I have survived, every battle I have won, every day I get up and grow on...is because the One who loves my heart wants my heart and sacrificed His life for mine.  He conquered death and the grave and He lives!  His Life and His Light shines before me.  He breaks the chains that have held me bound.  His freedom lives in me.  He is guiding me as I learn to look past myself and see Him.

Before I give you the homework for this week...I pray these truths for you and for me.  May we stand on what is true.  Let us renew our minds and be filled with what is secure.  May our identity come from the One who loves us like no other...our Faithful One.

Galatians 5:1
For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery. ESV

I have been a slave to insecurity.  Jesus Christ has set me free.

2 Corinthians 9:8
And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things, at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.  NIV

God is able to turn an insecure girl into a secure one, so that in all things, at all times, having all that I need, I can securely do what God has called me to do.

2 Peter 1:3-4
His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire. ESV

Through his divine power living in me, I can securely make decisions and handle what is set before me. Through his word and by his power I am becoming more like Christ.  I am able to let go of my insecurities and hold on to my security through my God given identity.

Thank you Jesus.

I'm excited to go on.  Here we are at chapters 10 and 11.


Your assignment for this week is to read CHAPTERS 10 AND 11 and answer the following question:
1. Based on Chapter 10, in all truthfulness, has your historical tendency been to view men (generally speaking) as gods? Or devils?
2. Based on Chapter 10 and your own day-to-day observances, what differences do you see between men’s insecurities and women’s?
3. On p.208 in Chapter 11, I suggest that women who struggle with insecurity tend to be particularly taken with 2 divine attributes: omnipotence and omniscience. Did either of these resonate with you? If so, how?

No comments:

Post a Comment