Monday, April 26, 2010

So Long, Insecurity...Week 8

I feel like I've got so much to say...I don't even know where to start.  I also feel like I'm in a little bit of overload if you know what I mean.  I'm a processor.  I always need a little time to work through in my head and heart all of the things the Lord is teaching me.  Which is probably just a nice way of saying that I'm a S-L-O-W  L-E-A-R-N-E-R!!!!!

So....I loved our little Good Riddance/Farewell Party for Insecurity.  This picture was taken early in the evening and so is missing a couple of sweet sisters that got here after the fact.


One of the girls brought a beautiful and delicious chocolate cake.....would you look at those roses!


Bless their hearts...I was still putting stuff together when they got here...hadn't made the coffee or the punch yet but they just gathered in the kitchen and helped me finish it up in true sisterly fashion.


I had a few balloons, and found the sweetest confetti at the dollar store (in honour of my dear friend, Raylene).  We all signed a good-bye card that brought many smiles to my heart but the best part of the evening was sitting around my living room sharing together of our journeys and what God has been teaching us about insecurity and ourselves.  "You're right, Beth...she's been a bad friend to us."

One of the things that is an obvious comfort is sharing together with other women and laughing and recognizing that we are not alone in our insecurities.  The other cool thing that we all realized is that although we find ourselves in situations still, that can cause us to feel insecure, we are recognizing it for what it is and well on our way to renewing our minds in the security of Christ.  Now that's beautiful to hear.

From there....We had the Beth Moore Simulcast on Saturday.  Soooo much fun and so much to take in.
I loved it.  One of the biggest "Aha" moments for me was when Beth said that,  "Insecurity is not a weakness, it is unbelief."  That statement totally relates to me in my personal life right now.  Interesting.

She said a whole lot of other stuff and I walked away from there encouraged, inspired and determined to...Believe God!!!!

So....Back to the book....I am slowing things down here a little bit and will only do a chapter a week from here on in until I finish the book.  I just want to make sure that I'm getting everything out of it that I can.  So here's Beth's homework for this week.  I will post my own answer in the comments section later on this week.


Chapters 14
1) As you surely noticed, Chapter 14 is more of a testimony than a teaching but it concludes with a charge to deal with our female insecurities for the sake of young girls coming up behind us.  Annabeth was my big inspiration for the journey. Briefly describe someone who is worth doing what it takes to you to live abundantly and effectively in Christ. Help us picture her so that she inspires us, too. Needless to say, don’t share more than she’d want you to.
Love to you all.
Julie

1 comment:

  1. I wasn't able to go to the similcast, but my good friend did. We "debriefed" over coffee a day or two after the fact. It is interesting as neither of us have gone through the book (although we decided we are going to start going through it together), but so much of what Beth talked about is stuff that my friend and I have been working through anyway!! I love how interconnected everything always seems.

    Bless you Julie!

    ReplyDelete