Monday, April 19, 2010

So Long, Insecurity...Week Seven and A Farewell Party

Well...we're doing it.  A Farewell Party this Thursday at my house.  I was going to write "Astalavista"...but it means, "See you later"... well, that won't do.  Then I was going to write "Bon Voyage"...but that means "have a good trip", and that won't do either.

We're helping "Insecurity" pack her bags and we're gonna kiss her goodbye and hope we don't see her again.  So cut me another piece of cake...she's outta here!

Thank you Jesus for all that we are learning!  I know you girls are with me and it's gonna be so much fun to share together at my house and then again on Saturday at the Beth Moore Simulcast.  I don't know about you but I can't wait.

I appreciated the extra week for chapters 10 and 11, and for me...they were worth the wait.  I've told a ton of you...Don't rush this book.  Take your time to digest it.  I actually needed a little time to digest these last two chapters as well.  I saw things that I've never noticed before and thought about things I've never thought about before.  I've been caught in intriguing "thought moments" where I realized patterns of thinking I've had for years.  Interesting.  My historical tendency has been to view men as gods without ever realizing it.   I was really taken with Mark 8:22-25, and love how Jesus not only healed the blind man but adjusted his vision.  I feel Him adjusting my own.

I found the similarities between men and women's insecurities intriguing.  Not shocking, but definitely thought provoking.  As I do my best to raise a teenage son...it has given me more prayer direction, not only for him but for my husband as well.

And last but not least...I don't even know where to start with the whole omnipotent and omniscience thing.  There's so much to talk about in this chapter...I really need to chew on that with someone in person.  We can dive into that at Insecurity's party!  However, if you've got something to say...please feel free to comment, because I want to hear it, specially if you can't make it on Thursday.

So, Girls...Movin on to Week Seven...Lets hear what Beth's homework is:


Your assignment this week is to read CHAPTERS 12 and 13 and answer the following questions. (You will NOT want to miss Chapter 12. It’s what the guys on the survey had to say about women’s insecurities. Don’t wait too long in the week to read Chapter 13 either. It’s a little lengthier.)
1. Based on Chapter 12, name one “I already knew that” moment and one “that’s new to me” moment, if either applies.
2. Based on Chapter 13, how does a weak will play into our insecurity?
Once Again....I love you girls.  I'm so pumped for the party Thursday night, for those of you that can't make it... we will toast with chocolate in your honour!!!  And then the Simulcast on Saturday...Bring it on.

If you are one of our Soul Kitchen Sisters and you don't know me yet but would like to come and celebrate with us, I'd love to have you come.  It would be a huge step in the direction of security so I might have to have a little prize for you or something!  If you live near Abbotsford and want to come...email me at 
julie.swans4@gmail.com    

Have a great week.
Julie

1 comment:

  1. Excited to come to the farewell party on Thursday, Julie :) Should be lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete