Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I've got this one

My dad's sermon really hit home for me this past Sunday. It was about holiness, and how the church in North America has lost the sense of holiness that surrounds God. I'm one of those people. I've gotten so focused on the 'Friend' that God is, or the 'Lover' or the 'Father' that I've forgotten the 'Lord'. I have forgotten how big God is.

I was sitting in church and I was talking to God. It was before the sermon had started, so we were probably worshipping, or announcements were being read, but I was telling God what was bothering me. Right in the middle of my whining (that's basically what it was) I heard God say, "I got this one." I stopped praying. The way He said it was just like, "I've got it covered, you can stop worrying now. You can stop wishing, I know what you want. You can stop trying to figure everything out, I know what's going to happen. I've got this one." And you know what? He does. It was like this big sense of relief just flooded over me. God's got it. I don't have to worry about it, I can trust him and believe him for that which will thrill my heart the most. He knows what's best for me.

This past November I planned a trip to England (I'm trying to remember if I've talked about that trip before... oh well). Anyways, I was going to go and visit two friends that are living over there for a while. Through a series of circumstances, one of my friends came home early (she was nannying for a while) and everything else I had planned pretty much fell through. Nothing was working and, to be perfectly honest, I didn't want to go anymore. So I cancelled my trip. If nothing had changed, if my trip had played out the way I had originally planned, my trip would have been cancelled for me by a volcano that blew up over Iceland. My plane would have been cancelled and I wouldn't have been able to go anyway. Coincidence? I think not.

God's got this one. He's got every 'one' that I can possibly think of. He's watching out for me and not only does he have 'it' covered, he's got me covered. My God is the God of the universe. He is bigger, stronger, and more holy than anything I can imagine. And, frankly, He's got this one.

1 comment: